Flamaker Power Lift Recliner ChairCheck price
Mcombo Electric Leather Power Lift ReclinerCheck price
Mcombo Electric Fabric Power Lift ReclinerCheck price
When we are young, we get to do whatever we want, from playing in the streets to weightlifting and so many other things. If you’re a sports person, you must be thinking that your life will be great even after you grow old just because you worked hard when you were young. But that isn’t the case actually.
When you grow old, you can’t even do small things on your own, one of them is to stand up from your chair. So, for elderly people who want some independence rather than relying on someone else to do the chores for them, a lift recliner is a great option.
You’ll surely be overwhelmed if you manage to choose the right lift recliner for yourself. Let’s take a look at what these lift recliners have to offer and how you can buy a lift recliner of your choice.
Best Lift Recliners to be Used by Elderly people
Let’s take a look at a few best lift recliners that elderly people can use.
Flamaker Power Lift Recliner Chair
If we talk about the best lift recliners, there is no way one can ignore Flamaker Power Lift Recliner Chair. It is made of the highest quality materials and can manage to hold up to a weight of no less than 300 pounds. It is great for people who like to be comfortable while reading and can be used by both elderly as well as young people.Check latest price
What makes it the best?
- It is made up of good quality material which is why it’s preferred.
- It is available in so many colors, even if you want to match it with your room’s color, you can do that also.
- The massage setting is also there, making it an automatic choice.
- The heat mode is available with this lift recliner.
- For the look it gives, it may prove to be the best option for your satisfaction and your home’s beauty.
What is not ideal about this furniture?
- It’s a bit more expensive as compared to other lift recliners.
- The backrest may not suit you more if your weight is more because you’ll feel difficulty in sitting.
- The cleaning of this lift recliner is difficult because of the presence of curls which is why it is recommended to buy the chair of darker color.
As of now, the customers who bought this lift recliner were very much satisfied with it. The comfort provided by the chair, the massage and heat functions and the beauty of the chair make people choose it. All in all, it’s one of the best options to take the benefit of if one can afford it easily.
RELATED: Best Recliners for Elderly
Mcombo Electric Leather Power Lift ReclinerCheck latest price
This lift recliner is quite similar to that of Flamaker Recliner chair and is suitable for those who do not have enough space to fit any other recliner in their homes. No more than 10 inches clearance is needed between chair and wall in order to lift. This is the reason why it is used by the homeowners who feel like their doors won’t allow any lift recliner to enter.
Let’s see what the features, pros and cons of a Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner are.
Why do we recommend it?
- The armrests, footrests and the back are quite comfortable.
- A remote is also there for controlling the functions.
- The cup holders, storage pockets to keep snacks, remote, books and other such stuff make the user feel like he/she has a companion.
- There is a massage and heating function also available to ensure that the person sitting on it feels relaxed.
What cons did we manage to find?
- The most important disadvantage of it is that it doesn’t work when there is no electricity, which makes the person feels like he’s lame. To get rid of this issue, you may buy batteries but that will make it costly.
- If exposed to pets and kids, the lift recliner may not last as long as you expect it to.
So far, the customers have enjoyed using Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner. The most important reason is its low price. However, the other features (mentioned above) of it also make it a suitable option to use for elderly people.
Mcombo Electric Fabric Power Lift ReclinerCheck latest price
One of the best options for elderly people to take a good nap is to have a cushiony electric power lift recliner. You can adjust both the footrest as well as backrest independently because there are two motors installed in it. This also helps in finding a suitable position to sleep. The back of it is attached to seat cushions, making it almost a bed.
Let’s take a look at what it has to offer to elderly people.
Why did we considered it?
- This recliner is best to snooze for elders.
- It is very easy to operate with a single remote getting the entire job done.
- The color combinations available in it make it even more beautiful.
- The soft fabric used in its making is another addition to its qualities.
What are the flaws?
- Being curly, it is not easy to clean particularly when you choose a lighter color.
- People having more than normal height cannot use this recliner.
- It is quite costly and the maintenance of it requires you to spend even more money.
Despite the fact that it cannot be used for the people over a specific height or weight, it can be used by people of almost all ages which is why customers have shown satisfaction while using it. Apart from that, the material with which it is made is also soft which makes it a good choice even if it is costly. All in all, the customers have been happy with the overall performance of this recliner.
What is a Lift Recliner?
A lift recliner is just like a chair in which a motor is installed to help the person get out of the chair safely without being harmed. The powerlifting mechanism tends to apply some pressure from the bottom which helps the person stand up. For a healthy person, this may seem to be a luxury, but the case is reverse. It becomes a necessity for many.
Lift recliners not only help the person stand up but also let him/her sit down from a standing position. For elderly people who can’t afford to sit down or stand up can buy a lift recliner in order to get rid of anxiety and to get some relief.
However, there is a greater risk of slipping down and harming themselves if they keep relying on their arms and legs. Lift recliners also help elderly people in elevating their legs in order to reduce the excessive buildup of fluid as a result of which circulation in the legs gets improved.
What are the Types of Lift Recliners?
Almost all lift recliners have the same job to do. But there are certain types of them which are given below:
2-Position Lift Recliners
This lift recliner is one of the basic options available for elderly people. It reclines to an angle of 45° as a result of which the person sitting on it leans back slightly. A motor is also there to control the lifting and reclining capability of this recliner. Once the backrest is reclined, the footrest extends, but both are not able to operate independently. Elderly people can use these lift recliners to watch TV or to read a book. Another addition to their benefits is that they don’t take a lot of space.
3-Position Lift Recliners
This lift recliner tends to recline to a large extent and becomes almost flat. A motor is also required for it which means footrest is unable to operate independently of the recliner’s backrest. The person sitting on it will be in “V” position with his/her feet and knees higher than the hips. This lift recliner is considered to be the best option to take a nap for elderly people, particularly for those who feel difficulty in lying flat in their bed.
Infinite Position Lift Recliners
Infinite position lift recliner is one of the most versatile options available and is a bit expensive also. This recliner has a lot to offer to elderly people, including the footrest and backrest parallel to floor. These lift recliners usually have two motors. One is there to control the backrest while the other one tends to control the footrest. So, the person gets a chance to extend his/her legs fully.
This lift recliner is also known as zero-gravity chair. All you need to do is to consult your doctor or physician first to know if it’s okay for you to buy it. The reason is that, even though it’s good, it’s not for all. So, be careful before going for this option.
Pros and Cons of Lift Recliners
Despite the fact that these lift recliners are great, they may not be beneficial at times. Take a look at a few pros and cons of these lift recliners and see how elderly people can take the benefit of these in the best possible way and what they can do to avoid any harm.
- A lift recliner helps an elderly person in maintaining his/her independence.
- These recliners help them stand and sit a bit faster than usual and helps them avoid any harm.
- These recliners help in reducing the risk of medical intervention to a large extent.
- The improved circulation in the person’s legs is also a result of the comfort offered by these recliners.
- They can help reduce anxiety also by not letting the person ask for anyone’s help.
- They may cost you a lot more than a simple recliner.
- If a person is unable to stand properly in upright position or facing any kind of issue with balance, the use of lift recliners won’t do any better.
- Sitting still on a lift recliner for days and weeks can reduce the muscle strength as a result of which person may not be able to walk even a few steps.
Even though these lift recliners are beneficial in a number of ways, the demerits associated with them cannot be overlooked.
How Much Does a Lift Recliner Cost?
The cost of lift recliners mainly depends on the type of recliner as well as the features present in it. If you want any additional feature, you have to pay for that separately. However, as a whole, it may cost you in the range of $600 and $1000 or a bit more than that. For example, a 2-position lift recliner isn’t as expensive as the infinite lift recliner.
If you can’t afford to buy a new lift recliner or need it for a few days only, you can contact the rental store present in your area and ask them to rent you one. This will help you pay less and the job will also be done. However, if required for longer periods of time, it is recommended to buy a new one rather than paying more than that in installments.
The use of lift recliners is the need of the hour for a lot of elderly people which is why these are common in the areas of the world where people tend to grow old earlier than usual. All the benefits associated with these lift recliners are the things that make people fall in love with them.
The heat & massage functions offered by these recliners are the keys to success for them. Even though these lift recliners are really difficult to clean and can make you pay a lot, the only thing you must care about is your health and not the wealth.
One more thing that you must take care of before buying a lift recliner is to go and check it by yourself first rather than relying totally on the company which is offering it. Because you’re paying such a large amount for the purpose of your comfort and not to worry about it all day long.
So, try to buy the lift recliner of your choice with a suitable color and make things easy for yourself.