You may think that there is no sense to buy the best recliner for your kid. however, these chairs are a fraction of the cost of most adult-sized recliners and can help a child learn proper posture when seated.
Sitting in adult-sized seating all the time does not teach children to relate to furniture the way an adult should. This can have a lasting negative impact on their relationship with furniture. It can even potentially negatively impact their posture, which is a foundation of good health.
Especially if you have a child with certain issues, such as mild spinal deformities, this may be one of the better investments you will ever make.
Best Recliners for Kids — Comparison Table
- The List of The Best Recliners for Children
- 1. Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather Kids Recliner – Our Best Pick
- 2. Brazil Furniture Children’s Home Theater Recliner – Best Tranquil Look
- 3. Brazil Furniture Children’s Home Theater Recliner – Best Color Contrast Design
- 4. Deluxe Heavily Padded Contemporary Brown Microfiber Kids Recliner – Best Plush Design
- 5. Flash Furniture Contemporary Brown Leather – Best Sophisticated Style
- Buyer’s Guide
- After You Get It Home
- Conclusion and Best Choice
The List of The Best Recliners for Children
1. Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather Kids Recliner – Our Best Pick
It comes in 21 different solid colors, plus one patterned option. It also has the lowest price of all the models reviewed here.
Easy-to-clean faux leather. Just wipe down with a damp cloth. It comes with a built-in cup holder.
Recommended for both the price and the look. Not recommended if you need an item that will really stand up to hard wear and tear.
- Wide variety of colors from which to choose.
- Built-in cup holder in armrest.
- Great price.
- A footrest may not stay up.
- Of limited durability.
2. Brazil Furniture Children’s Home Theater Recliner – Best Tranquil Look
This lovely little chair is recommended for children aged 3 to 7. It comes in a football-themed design with a very tranquil color scheme. It’s predominantly light grey and black.
Such color schemes are recommended for children who are easily overstimulated, such as kids with sensory issues. This includes children with Sensory Integration Disorder, plus many children with ADHD or ASD.
However, your child or grandchild doesn’t need a formal diagnosis for you to decide that they would benefit from a more calming environment. You may also benefit from an environment that helps calm down a hyperactive little one.
Highly recommended if you are trying to create a calming environment.
- Great tranquil color scheme.
- Easy to wipe down.
- Cup holder in the armrest.
- One of the pricier models we reviewed.
3. Brazil Furniture Children’s Home Theater Recliner – Best Color Contrast Design
This has a great kid-friendly dinosaur-themed design with good color contrast. If you have a space that isn’t well lit or a kid with some eyesight issues, this high contrast design may be the perfect answer.
Recommended if you are in need of a high contrast design or shopping for a kid who loves dinosaurs.
- Built-in cup holder in arm.
- Great visual contrast in design.
- Not waterproof. Spills need to be cleaned up promptly.
4. Deluxe Heavily Padded Contemporary Brown Microfiber Kids Recliner – Best Plush Design
This is the cushiest of the designs we looked at it. It comes in 22 different colors and also has storage in both arms where small toys or the like could be tucked away.
The microfiber upholstery is not water-resistant. It may not hold up well in the face of spills.
Recommended if you really need a small amount of storage to help keep a child occupied.
- Great color selection.
- Built-in storage in both arms.
- Very comfortable and cushy.
- Not waterproof.
5. Flash Furniture Contemporary Brown Leather – Best Sophisticated Style
If you have a child who is too sophisticated for most kiddie looks, this may be the perfect recliner for them. This has a great sleek style in your choice of two different colors.
Recommended for tots with “grown-up” tastes.
- Sophisticated style.
- Affordable price.
- Easy to clean.
- Built-in cup holder.
- Plastic feet hold only up to 90 pounds.
Although the selection is a bit limited, buying a recliner for a kid is not all that different from buying a recliner for an adult. Here are some things to consider.
The budget is always a consideration in any buying decision. The main difference here is you know in advance that the chair won’t last forever because the child will outgrow it.
Adult chairs can potentially last many years, which brings the annual price down. So you may want to divide the price by three or four to get a potential annual cost and see if it makes sense.
Measure the child and make sure the chair will fit them. If the child is really little, they will grow into an oversized chair. If they are already seven or so, they may soon outgrow a child’s recliner and may need the biggest one you can find for them.
Most people will want children’s items that are easy to clean. Some people are willing to do extra cleaning and some kids are less messy than others. If you really need this to be as easy as possible, go with a faux leather child’s recliner.
After You Get It Home
Make sure to give the child a little instruction on how to use it. Show them how to recline it and warn them about being careful to not get their fingers pinched in the reclining mechanism.
See if they need help pushing it back. Especially if they are very young and small, they may need an adult to help them recline it, at least until they get a bit bigger.
Conclusion and Best Choice
Our best choice is number 1. Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather Kids Recliner. It has the best price, best color selection and easily wipes down. This makes it a rock-solid option for most families.
James is a professional in furniture sphere. He has 5 years of experience in working with all types of recliners. And now he shares his knowledge with people, who don’t have time for research and who want to make the right choice for the future piece of furniture.