Polishing wood furniture is a great way to restore its natural beauty. This article will explain how you can polish furniture using two different methods: traditional wax and stripper wax. If you can’t find something that matches your type of wooden piece, use an old toothbrush instead! All in all, these tips are going to help you take care of your new investment for many years into the future.
- First, read the instructions on the back of the polish and make sure you do not use oil-based products because they will ruin the wood.
- Remove any previous furniture polish stains from the table by using a damp cloth to wipe them off. Ensure that no streaks remain on your wood’s surface and that it is completely dry before proceeding with step 3.
- Apply a thick coat of floor polish to your table’s surface and let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes. Since your furniture has just had a clean surface, the polish will soak into the wood without any problems. Also, make sure that you use only a small amount of polish. If you use too much, then you may be able to remove it with water. Having too much polish may also affect how long the furniture will last.
- After the polish has time to dry, apply wax over the top of it by rubbing a soft cloth across the table’s surface in small circles. Make sure you use only a small amount of wax and spread evenly across the surface.
- Take a microfiber cloth and buff the table’s surface until you are completely satisfied with its shininess. You can also take the microfiber cloth and rub it in circles to give your table’s surface an extra shine. The microfibers will remove crumbs, dust, dirt, oil, etc., from the furniture, leaving it smooth and shiny!
A step-by-step guide
There are plenty of ways to keep wood furniture looking its best with proper care and use, but nothing beats the natural look and feel beeswax gives your wood! Beeswax polish adds a protective coating that will help seal in color and maintain the gleam on your furnishings.
The beeswax polish also provides a protective barrier to help extend the life of your wood. If you aren’t sure how to apply beeswax polish, or if you would like to learn how to polish wood furniture with beeswax, here are some easy steps.
Step 1: Choose the Prepared Beeswax
The easiest way to use your prepared beeswax is using a Beeswax Polish Kit. Another option is to use a pre-made beeswax polish.
Step 2: Apply Polish With Cloth or Brush
Begin adding an ample amount of polish onto your cloth or brush. Make sure that you cover the entire piece. Wipe off any excess polish with a clean cloth afterward.
Step 3: Buff Polish With a Clean Cloth
To buff away the shine, lightly wipe away any extra wax with a clean and dry cloth. You’ll want to take particular care around the edges and corners of your furniture.