Don’t Have Time To Read? Here are our Best Picks
Whether you need a little assistance getting in and out of your comfy chair at home or just want the freedom of taking your relaxation to the next level when you get home from a long day at work, power lift recliner chairs are a great way to get in and out of chairs when you value your own freedom without asking for help. And once you’re in your power lift recliner, with multiple seating positions, they’re perfect for whatever strikes your mood from a quick nap to getting in the right position for reading. Here are a couple of the best power lift recliner chairs out there.
Best Power Lift Recliners – Comparison Table
- Don’t Have Time To Read? Here are our Best Picks
- Best Power-Lift (Electric) Recliners:
- Mcombo Electric Power Lift Massage Sofa Recliner – Editor’s Choice – $$$
- CANMOV Power Lift Recliner Chair – Best Value — $$$
- Mega Motion LC-200 Lift Chair – Best Lumbar Support — $$$
- U-MAX Recliner Power Lift Chair Wall Hugger PU Leather with Remote Control – Best Unheated Massager — $$$
- Bonzy Home Power Lift Recliner Chair – Best Basic No Frills Model — $$
- Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Yandel Power Lift Recliner – Best Oversized Model — $$$
- CANMOV Electric Power Recliner Chair with 90°-145°Adjustable Back Angle – Best Leather Power Lift Recliner — $$$
- Domesis Renu Leather Wall Hugger Power Lift Chair Recliner – Best for Small Places — $$$$
- Buyers guide
Best Power-Lift (Electric) Recliners:
Mcombo Electric Power Lift Massage Sofa Recliner – Editor’s Choice – $$$
This is the light brown version of this soft and cushy model. The chair also comes in three other colors: cream, dark brown and red.
In addition to helping someone with limitations to physically get out of the chair, this model provides gentle massage and warmth to soothe aching joints while you are seated. The chair has a handy remote control, plus USB ports and built-in cup holders.
The built-in heaters not only serve a potential therapeutic role for minor aches and pains, but they also make this chair a great option for cold-natured individuals. It’s also great for anyone who simply wants to stay warm on a chilly night without having to grab a blanket while watching TV, doing the crossword puzzle, or catching up on their knitting.
The faux leather upholstery not only looks good, but it also wipes clean easily. Happily, this helps make it low maintenance, worry-free addition to your home.
The chair does not recline to a fully flat position. It only goes to 140 degrees.
Many people with chronic ailments, including joint issues, find such chairs help ease their discomfort, but this is not a medical device. You should consult your physician if you are looking for a medical product to help address your health issues.
Recommended for anyone who wants built-in heat and a gentle massage mode. Also recommended for petite individuals.
- It provides gentle vibrations and soothing warmth.
- It has both USB ports and built-in cup holders.
- Faux leather wipes down easily to easy care.
- It is heavy, so it may require two people to comfortably assemble and move.
- Some assembly required.
CANMOV Power Lift Recliner Chair – Best Value — $$$
Description: If you’re looking for a no-nonsense power lift chair that’s presumably easy to operate, fits most body sizes and reclines to near-vertical positions, this chair may be the best power lift recliner for you. Available in three colors and its lift function discreet to the untrained eye, this power lift chair will probably fit in with the rest of your living room decor.
Performance: Although this CANMOV Power Lift recliner says it’s good for 300-pounds, some chairs that have this impressive claim use dual-motors whereas this Power Lift Recliner only uses one. Nevertheless, with its metal frame and OK two-year warranty, CANMOV is counting on its own engineering here.
Recommend: Yes, if you’re looking for a value choice in power lift recliners and don’t want all the fuss of having too many features, we’d recommend this CANMOV power lift recliner.
- It comes in three colors; brown, grey, and navy blue.
- The Power lift function can make it easier for someone who has a hard time standing.
- Good for someone recovering from an injury or for someone who would appreciate an extra bit of help getting up.
- No leather means this fabric might be more comfortable to the touch and a warmer choice if you live in a colder area.
- If you choose grey or navy blue, those two come with heating and a massage function if that’s what you’re looking for. If not, go for the chocolate power lift recliner.
- Navy blue is an attractive color option if you want to stand out or if your furniture has a light-colored theme.
- Only the power lift is automated, you’ll have to manually recline the chair up to 135 degrees.
- Be sure to choose grey or blue if you want the massage and heating function, otherwise, you won’t get those two features.
- While cloth might be a pro, it’s also a con if you spill something on the fabric. Clean up will be harder compared to leather or faux-leather.
Mega Motion LC-200 Lift Chair – Best Lumbar Support — $$$
This small- to medium-sized chair works well for most petite to average-sized individuals. It comes in a light, neutral color and conservative style that can pair well with most conservative or traditional decor choices.
It comes with a tufted back and somewhat tailored look. It is not the overstuffed casual look that some chairs offer.
The chair is somewhat stiff. Some people describe this as good lumbar support. Others describe it as uncomfortable. If you are looking for something super cushy, this is probably not the chair for you.
Some assembly required, but it assembles quite easily. It gets shipped in two parts that readily slide together and snap in place. Then just install the controller to whichever side you prefer, left or right. Plug it in and you are good to go.
It is very quiet and offers good lift height. The remote has big lights that help make it very user-friendly.
It can help restore independence to seniors who are having trouble getting into and out of normal chairs on their own. People also have bought it to provide support following surgery as some surgeries interfere with the ability to get up and down.
Recommended if you are looking for firm support for your lower back. Recommended if you want to decide which side to place the controller.
- Good size chair for people 5’4″ to 5’10” tall.
- Will safely lift up to 325 pounds.
- Has integrated battery backup.
- May qualify for partial coverage through Medicare.
- Mixed reviews for petite people.
- Possibly too small for someone over 5’10” tall.
- Some people complain the seat is uncomfortably stiff.
U-MAX Recliner Power Lift Chair Wall Hugger PU Leather with Remote Control – Best Unheated Massager — $$$
This dark brown faux leather chair would look great in a den or library. It also comes in black.
One of the main reasons to buy this chair is for the massage function. It can massage four different areas of focus and has five different massage modes, giving you good control over where and how you direct the massage function.
It lists the areas as legs, lumbar, back and tight. It lists the modes as pulse, wave, auto, press, and normal.
The wall hugger design means you only need 10 inches of clearance from the wall. This can help the chair fit into tight spaces where other chairs wouldn’t work.
It also comes with two separate controllers, one for the lift function and the other for the reclining function. There is no need to ever operate it manually.
It has a pocket on the side and two built-in cup holders, one on each side. So it equally serves both left-handed and right-handed individuals.
The faux leather cleans up easily in the face of minor spills. Just wipe them up with a dry towel, then wipe it down with a damp cloth.
The footrest and back operate independently. You can raise your feet without reclining, which is good for putting your feet up while watching TV.
Recommended if you want an unheated massager with good control over how you direct the massage function.
- Space-saving wall hugger design.
- Built-in massage with five modes.
- Back and footrest operate independently.
- It does not provide heat.
- It is not a rocker.
- Some assembly required.
Bonzy Home Power Lift Recliner Chair – Best Basic No Frills Model — $$
This basic, no-frills model comes in three neutral color choices: Chocolate, gray and smoke gray. It’s a fairly plain style that can unobtrusively join a variety of decor options.
It’s a good option if all you want is some help getting up and sitting down. It does a great job of lifting up and helping you gently get out of it with a nice little tilt action towards the end. However, it doesn’t have additional perks, such as heat, massage, or cup holders.
It does come with a remote control to make it easy to operate. The remote operates both the lift function and the reclining function. The remote can be kept handy in the convenient side pocket of the chair, along with any other small items one might desire to keep handy.
It gets bonus points for being easy to clean. The chair is designed for a load of up to 300 pounds.
However, the back and footrest do not operate independently, thus you cannot elevate your feet without leaning back. This may limit the functionality for some individuals.
The safety manual suggests that it is not recommended for anyone with a pacemaker. However, other research contradicts this, and user reviews on this detail are mixed.
Recommended for anyone who just wants help getting up.
- Has a handy storage pocket on the side.
- The basic no-frills model that just helps you get up.
- It comes in three colors.
- May not be suitable for individuals with a pacemaker.
- It does not offer independent backrest and footrest controls.
- No cup holders, USB ports, massage nor heat.
Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Yandel Power Lift Recliner – Best Oversized Model — $$$
This contemporary style oversized model comes in brown or black. The casual styling and high level of comfort would be a great choice for any living room, den or rec room.
It’s extremely quiet. The remote control cannot be lost because it is permanently attached.
It has plenty of room for someone big or tall. It lifts quite high up, making it easy to directly stand from the chair.
Unlike many models, this one actually fully reclines. You can outright lay down in it.
Additionally, the footrest and backrest are independently operated, providing a variety of positions. Among other things, this allows you to put your feet up while sitting upright.
The faux leather upholstery looks great and also cleans up easily. It feels much nicer than vinyl, yet can be simply wiped down with a damp rag. Spills can be easily sopped up before they can soak in.
It’s very comfortable, but also provides firm support. Many people prefer this, especially if they have back issues.
This easy-to-assemble model comes complete with all necessary tools, instructions, and hardware. It should fit fine through any doorway that is at least 30″ wide.
The chair has a very sturdy metal-reinforced design. It comes from Ashley Furniture Industries, a brand name many people know and trust.
Recommended for anyone in need of an oversized model. Especially recommended for taller individuals.
- Easy to assemble.
- The footrest and back operate independently.
- Has a handy side pocket.
- The remote control is permanently attached so you cannot misplace it.
- Some assembly required.
- It does not include massage function, heat nor cup holders.
- No USB ports.
CANMOV Electric Power Recliner Chair with 90°-145°Adjustable Back Angle – Best Leather Power Lift Recliner — $$$
Description: This power recliner might be as good as any other power recliner with its three-way reclining function but what this recliner lacks in features and functions it makes up for in simple engineering and real-deal leather.
Performance: This model chair comes in three distinct styles and colors so keep that in mind when ordering online. While all three have the same 90-150 degree reclining functionality, each one looks distinctly different from another. Only the Black power lift recliner has a motor to adjust your seating position automatically while the brown and gray one is manual.
Recommend: Yes, I would recommend this recliner if you’re looking for a power recliner real, although bonded, leather. Discerning power recliner chair buyers might prefer the feel of real leather to their skin compared to faux leather. If that describes you, this power recliner might be for you.
- Bonded leather is indeed an eco-friendly choice if you’re environmentally conscious and don’t want to contribute to the larger carbon footprint by making new faux-leather materials for your power recliner. By using leftover leather that would’ve been thrown out anyway, bonded leather takes advantage of that feel only real leather gives you without any of the harmful consequences of making real leather.
- Advertised 300-pound maximum capacity which might appeal to the larger power recliner buyer.
- Simple design without a lot of features which bodes well for durability in the long run.
- Multiple colors and styles to fit your living room aesthetic.
- A somewhat generous warranty that covers materials for two years, the reclining mechanism for three years and the frame for three years.
- Although a very functional power recliner chair, the outer design, specifically the black one, looks a bit busy and complicated at first glance. The brown choice is a bit better, but not by much. Smoke grey looks the best out of all three but is a manual recliner only.
Domesis Renu Leather Wall Hugger Power Lift Chair Recliner – Best for Small Places — $$$$
Description: The Domesis Renu Leather Wall Hugger is a power lift chair that would probably do well for shoppers looking for a chair that won’t take up much space fully reclined. It looks quite comfortable at first glance and the lack of frills suggests that most of what you’re paying for is solid engineering and a durable design that will last you the life of your chair.
Performance: Could not find a warranty on Amazon or online which is slightly concerning given you’re spending a couple of hundred dollars on this recliner.
Recommend: No, I would not recommend this power lift recliner simply because I could not find any sort of warranty online or on Amazon where these Renesis chairs are sold. Although this wall hugging design might be a pro versus a con for some recliner shoppers, this does suggest a bit of clever engineering underneath to pull this off. A more complicated design simply means more things may break in the long run. The lack of a warranty and no customer support would mean I’m without any help from the company if something goes wrong.
- A wall-hugging design that you only need four inches between the chair and wall.
- Four colors to choose from including black, brown, burgundy, and cream.
- Cream is a unique color that I have not seen in any other power lift recliner thus far.
- Cream is a unique color that I have not seen in any other power lift recliner thus far.
- Its unique wall-hugging design suggests it’s a slightly more complicated design compared to a traditional power lift recliner. May not last in the long run.
- Renu leather may feel like Top Grain but it’s mostly polyester with some polyurethane mixed in.
There are three areas to look out for when buying a Power Lift Recliner, the quality of the leather, how much of a recline each power lift chair can go through, and real customer reviews and complaints.
First, most power lift recliners will go for a faux-leather finish for the look and feel. Know that faux-leather comes in different blends and won’t be as durable as real-deal leather. It’s rare to come across a real leather power lift recliner so you can put that out of your budget.
That being said, expect to come across Leather and polyurethane blends, leather and polyester blends, and bonded leather. All three will most likely end up smelling chemical when brand new but should fade over time.
If you’d rather have a power lift recliner covered in cloth, there are a few manufacturers that sell cloth.
As far as durability is concerned, faux-leather is only as good as you maintain it so it would behoove any power lift recliner to familiarize themselves with proper cleaning techniques, which usually amounts to cleaning spills only with a damp cloth and rejuvenating the leather every couple of weeks in high wear areas.
Then there’s the degree of recline, specifically what type of recline. Pay attention to the demo photos listed as although some power lift recliners will advertise zero gravity or infinite recline, it really might not be. And if you’re specifically buying a chair that lifts, making getting in and out of the power lift recliner, make sure that there is a lift mechanism visible underneath and a demo photo of the lift in action.
Two-way power lift recliners only slightly recline but do lift your feet off the ground. Three-way power recliners in addition to reclining your feet, also recline you almost up to 180 degrees, but not quite. Expect around 150 degrees of recline. Infinite position power recliners extend fully flat, a true 180 degrees. Zero-gravity power lift recliners recline your back but lift your legs higher than your torso which is easier on the spine.
Finally, pay attention to customer reviews as unfortunately, they might be the only ones you can trust outside of the manufacturer’s advertising. Although a manufacturer might say their power recliner has been tested thousands of times before being sent out, there’s no proof of this level of quality control. Oftentimes these claims will be paired with a lack of warranty, which is a red flag for the shopper.
Power lift recliners’ main functions are to lift and recline, anything added onto a power lift recliner like heating, massage, and USB charging should be considered as a bonus but definitely not necessary when considering which power lift recliner to buy.
Get to know the price range of power lift recliners, and if you come across one particularly inexpensive, question the quality of that particular chair by crosschecking real customer reviews.
Although it goes without saying, power lift recliners are often bought by thoughtful kids wanting the best for their parents advancing in age at home or in a care home. With that in mind, it’s important to do your due diligence in researching when buying a power lift recliner.
James is a professional in furniture sphere. He has 5 years of experience in working with all types of recliners. And now he shares his knowledge with people, who don’t have time for research and who want to make the right choice for the future piece of furniture.