- Our List of the Best Recliners for Office: Reviews, Buyers Guide, Best Pick
- ?1. Hbada Ergonomic Office Recliner Chair – Our Best Pick?
- 2. Serta Style Hannah I Office Chair – Best Circulation Enhancing Design
- 3. HON ValuTask Low Back Task Chair (HVL210) – Best Armless Office Chair
- 4. Giantex PU Leather Swivel Recliner Chair with Footrest – Best-Of-Both Worlds Office Or Living Room Chair
- 5. Merax Inno Series Executive High Back Napping Chair with Adjustable Pivoting Lumbar and Padded Footrest – Executive Suite Look With Footrest
- Buyer’s Guide
- Our Best Choice
Our List of the Best Recliners for Office: Reviews, Buyers Guide, Best Pick
?1. Hbada Ergonomic Office Recliner Chair – Our Best Pick?
This ergonomically designed chair has a mesh back, upholstered seat and a proper footrest so you can actually lean back in it. It looks like a very serious office chair, and it is. But it’s also so much more.
The chair has a chrome frame with five casters for stability and mobility. It comes in your choice of either black or white.
The mesh back means it has a limited amount of upholstery. If you have allergies or respiratory problems, this may be the ideal combination of cushy comfort with low ability to trigger negative reactions.
Ergonomically adjustable headrest and height help you custom fit it to your needs. Armrests are padded and adjustable.
Recommended for anyone looking to actually recline and put their feet up sometimes in the office. Recommended for anyone with respiratory problems or allergies.
- Includes an actual footrest so you can recline properly.
- The chair is 26.8″ long, 26.8″ wide and 45.7″-50.4″ deep.
- Comes with good instructions.
- Easy to assemble.
- Limited color selection.
- Recommended for people 5’10” and under. May not be suitable for taller people.
- Some assembly required.
2. Serta Style Hannah I Office Chair – Best Circulation Enhancing Design
This office recliner comes in six colors: biscuit, black, gray, ivory, light beige, tan. It also offers the ability to rock.
It’s easy to assemble. Although it does not come with instructions, it does come with all the necessary parts and tools.
The chair includes a headrest, lumbar support and waterfall seat edge to support good circulation in the legs. Improved circulation reduces fatigue and improves productivity.
You can adjust both the height and the recline. The 360-degree casters are designed to work on all types of flooring and help you easily reach anything you need near your desk without getting up.
The armrests are upholstered to enhance comfort. The controls to adjust the arms and height are easy to reach.
Serta is a respected brand name best known for making great mattresses. But their expertise in making comfortable furniture is not limited to beds. This chair is designed to maximize comfort.
Recommended for anyone looking for a great, comfortable office chair they can sit in for hours.
- The chair is 24.75″ wide, 28.75″ deep and 44″ high.
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Designed to enhance circulation, comfort, and productivity.
- Easy to assemble.
- Lacks written assembly instructions.
- Upholstered chairs may not be suitable for people with allergies or respiratory problems.
- May not look sufficiently “conservative and serious” for some office environments.
3. HON ValuTask Low Back Task Chair (HVL210) – Best Armless Office Chair
This black computer chair has a low back and no armrests. If you are trying to use a table as a desk or have other reasons why armrests seem to just get in the way, this may be the chair for you.
The chair is made of a breathable mesh material over plush padding. It has a lightweight frame and five casters in a stable “star” layout.
It comes with a 5-year limited lifetime warranty. In other words, the warranty is for the original buyer only.
The lack of armrests helps give it clean lines. It holds up to 250 pounds.
The chair has a waterfall front edge for enhanced comfort. It can be adjusted to help you achieve a good fit.
Recommended for anyone interested in an armless office chair.
- Comes with a 5-year limited lifetime warranty.
- Chair seat is 18″ deep and 20″ wide.
- The chair does not rock.
- Some people complain that the seat cushion crushes down too easily.
- Limited color selection.
4. Giantex PU Leather Swivel Recliner Chair with Footrest – Best-Of-Both Worlds Office Or Living Room Chair
This well-padded recliner comes with a separate footrest, so it looks quite a lot like a lot of living room recliners that have a separate footrest. Nonetheless, it works great as an office chair.
This chair has a great conventional look and comes in two colors. It is made of easy to maintain faux leather. Just wipe it down.
It swivels 360-degrees, yet rests on a stable base. It has no wheels, so this chair will stay put. If you are looking for stability, this may be the chair for you.
The footrest is in the form of a separate ottoman. This allows you to have the best of both worlds in another way. The chair works great as a serious office chair, yet the ottoman adds the ability to also put your feet up at will.
Holds up to 330 pounds. The separate ottoman also means you can easily adjust the footrest position according to your height.
Recommended for a home office located in the living room where the chair needs to do double duty and fit the living room decor. This office recliner will be great for anyone looking for a stable base instead of a chair with wheels. Recommended if you want to be able to put your feet up, but want the chair to just be a chair.
- Chair seat is 19.5″ wide and 20″ deep.
- Stable base for people who don’t want or need a rolling chair.
- The separate ottoman provides flexibility.
- It lacks wheels.
- Does not rock.
- Limited color selection.
5. Merax Inno Series Executive High Back Napping Chair with Adjustable Pivoting Lumbar and Padded Footrest – Executive Suite Look With Footrest
This well-padded faux leather chair has the executive look. It comes in your choice of black, green or gray.
The chair reclines to a full 180 degrees and includes a footrest. This means you can actually lay flat for some mid-afternoon power napping, as needed. This can help you tackle the rest of your day with the focus and energy needed to bring your A game to your work.
The back can be adjusted to anywhere from 90 degrees to 180 degrees and locked in place at any point. This lets you choose your perfect angle instead of being limited by preset positions.
The chair features adjustable pivoting lumbar support. If you have back issues, this may be the chair for you.
Faux leather is low maintenance. Just wipe down with a damp cloth or sop up spills promptly.
Recommended for anyone wanting the executive look to impress clients. This office recliner is good for people with back issues. Recommended if you want to be able to actually lay flat and nap in your office chair.
- Pick your favorite back angle and lock it in place.
- Recline to fully flat for a nap.
- Excellent structural integrity.
- Limited color selection.
- May not be tall enough for some people.
- Limited ability to adjust the footrest.
Office chairs need to be more than just comfortable. They need to be ergonomically designed to support your work and protect your body from unnecessary injury.
Fit into your Office
Chairs that are adjustable can help make sure the chair is the perfect fit, even if your weight or other aspects change over time or periodically. Thanks in part to pregnancy, women are especially prone to seeing significant physical changes from time to time.
But it’s also fine to just buy a chair that is a good fit for you currently. Here are some guidelines for what constitutes good fit.
- Seat Height: Your feet should be flat on the floor. Your thighs should be parallel to the floor.
- Seat Depth: There should be an inch or so between the back of your knee and the edge of the seat.
- Back Support: Good lumbar support is important for most people, more so if you have back issues.
- Optional Extras: Armrests should not artificially elevate your elbows. Headrests should be at the base of your head.
When ordering online, you can take some measurements. Find a chair that is a good fit and measure the seat depth, width, and height from the floor. Write them down and look for chairs which match your needs.
What Mobility Should be the Reclining Office Chair?
If you do a lot of reaching for things on or near your desk, a chair that swivels and/or rolls can be a huge help in preventing fatigue and muscle strain. If you have certain health issues, you may prize stability over mobility. Just think about what works best for you beforehand.
If you do buy a chair with wheels, you need to think about what kind of surface the chair will sit on. If the area is carpeted, you will want hard wheels that roll easily on carpet. These same wheels are a potential danger on hard floors, such as wood or tile. Instead, you should go with rubberized wheels to have a good grip.
What Material Should be your Office Recliner
Most people spend many hours in their office chair. You may want something breathable that won’t make you sweat, such as natural materials or mesh design. If you have allergies, make sure to check that the material used is not one that will cause you problems. For allergies and respiratory problems generally, mesh chairs can be a safer bet than heavily padded chairs.
Tips Before Obtaining a New Recliner for Office
It helps to think about the use case for the chair. Stop and make a list of factors that impact your needs, such as:
- What kind of flooring do I have?
- Do I need to do a lot of reaching and twisting while seated?
- Are there any special needs, such as allergies or back problems?
- Do I need to impress clients? Or do I just work alone, sight unseen?
While thinking about such questions, make some notes for yourself and keep these particulars in mind while browsing. When you find something you like, check it against your list of requirements to make sure you don’t overlook anything.
Our Best Choice
Our favorite is number 1. Hbada Ergonomic Office Recliner Chair. We love it that you can actually lay back and put your feet up, just like a regular living room recliner, yet it looks like a serious office chair.
No one is likely to guess you have this level of comfort available while working all day. The two other chairs with footrests don’t have the same serious office vibe. This is stealth comfort that lets you look like you are working hard, not relaxing.