When you buy a new recliner, you probably don’t think much about how noisy it might be when you sit in it. However, a bad recliner can be more than just annoying; it can damage your house and your health. To make the recliner quieter, you need to lubricate parts and joints of its mechanism. It’s not difficult but may require some additional equipment and skills. In this guide, I will tell you about how to fix a squeaky recliner.
Thing You May Need To Make Recliner Quieter
Depending on the recliner construction, you may need to disassemble the chair. And, of course, you’ll need some tools, lubricants, and additional equipment for this action. Here’s the short list of essential things you may need:
- Sheet or cloth
- Oil or metal lubricant
How To Make Recliner Quieter: Step-by-Step Guide
You have made the wise decision of buying a recliner, and now you are looking for a way to make it more silent. The noise that they make when you use them can be highly annoying, and sometimes you would prefer to be quiet.
In order to make the recliner quieter, there are some things that you can do. First, check the screws that are keeping the seat on the frame. If they are loose and there is movement, the noise will go away if you tighten them. If the screws are not loose, you may need to place a piece of rubber or a non-slip mat underneath them. It will help prevent the noise and provide additional traction.
If these steps are not effective, you need to lubricant the mechanism. Before you start, lay the cloth or tarp under the recliner. Then do the following:
- Remove the covering from the underside of the recliner. Use a hammer or screwdriver if necessary.
- Apply the lubricant for metal parts or mineral oil on all moving mechanisms like coils, bolts, etc.
- Set the recliner in a closed position and then recline it again. Make these actions several times. If the squeak still available, apply more lubricant.
- When over, remove excess grease with a rag and assemble the recliner.
Why Does My Recliner Make Noise?
How Do You Lubricate A Recliner?
1. Clean the area you plan to lubricate.
2. Get all of your supplies together.
3. Apply the lubricant to the areas that need lube.