If you are fortunate to have an RV, you may be part of the senior crowd. Let’s take a look at some recliners that will work well in the space constraints of an RV.
With a nod to the typical RV life, some of these will be senior friendly. If you haven’t looked at new RV recliners in a while, you may be in for a pleasant surprise. A lot has changed in terms of amenities and looks.
- Best RV Recliners – Reviews
- 1. Giantex Power Lift Chair Recliner – Best Traditional Styling
- 2. ProLounger Wall Hugger – Best Wall Hugger
- 3. Flash Furniture Contemporary Beige Leather Recliner and Ottoman with Swiveling Mahogany Wood Base – Best Two-Piece Option
- 4. Great Deal Furniture Teyana Red Leather – Best Modern Look
- 5. Homall Single Recliner Chair Padded Seat Black PU Leather – Best Price
- 6. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Yandel Power Lift Recliner – Best For Mobility-Impaired Tall People
- 7. BONZY Lift Chair – Best Priced Power Lift Model
- 🏆8. RecPro Charles 28″ RV Euro Chair Recliner – Best Overall RV Model🏆
- 9. BONZY Chair Contemporary Leather Recliner – Best Traditional Look
- 10. Great Deal Furniture | Dufour | White and Blue Floral Fabric Recliner – Best Feminine Style
- Buyer’s Guide
- 🏆 Our Best Pick
Best RV Recliners – Reviews
1. Giantex Power Lift Chair Recliner – Best Traditional Styling
This mid-priced chair comes in only one color. It is a power-lift model, which means it will help you get up smoothly and easily if you have any joint issues or similar challenges.
- Extremely soft, comfortable material.
- Easy to assemble.
- Easy-to-use two-button controller.
- Back and footrest do not move independently.
- A little too large for some shorter individuals.
It’s also a great option if you are mobility impaired. It can confidently lift up to 330 pounds.
2. ProLounger Wall Hugger – Best Wall Hugger
This affordably-priced wall hugger model comes in three colors. You need a mere 4 inches of clearance to lean back and relax.
- Needs only 4 inches of clearance.
- Extremely easy assembly.
- The box will readily fit through the RV door.
- The button only opens, doesn’t close the chair.
- A little on the small side for some taller people.
Recommended if you have mobility issues and need help getting up.
3. Flash Furniture Contemporary Beige Leather Recliner and Ottoman with Swiveling Mahogany Wood Base – Best Two-Piece Option
This two-piece model comes with an ottoman instead of a footrest. Yes, it reclines, but it’s a stealth recliner. If you aren’t a fan of the recliner look, this may be the perfect solution.
It comes in four colors. The design gives that island casual vibe that many people love for vacation home styling.
- Swivel seat.
- Easy to assemble.
- Great value for the price.
- Not as durable as more high-end models.
- You can hear the mechanism when it swivels and some people don’t like the sound.
Recommended if you really want the footrest separate from the chair. Also recommended if you are going for that island casual design aesthetic.
4. Great Deal Furniture Teyana Red Leather – Best Modern Look
This sleek faux leather piece doesn’t look anything like recliners of old. It comes in three colors, and eye-popping red, stark white and solid black.
- Clean lines.
- Compact design.
- Good price.
- May be too small for some people.
- Not as durable as more high-end pieces.
Recommended if you are in love with the great modern look. Not recommended if you tend to be hard on furniture. It may not hold up.
5. Homall Single Recliner Chair Padded Seat Black PU Leather – Best Price
This clean-lined faux-leather push back model comes in two colors. It is extremely affordable, which encourages some people to buy more than one at a time to fill out an entertainment space.
- Push back model requires no remote control.
- Great price!
- Clean, modern look.
- Easy to clean. Just wipe down.
- Too small for some people.
- Taller people have reported managing to tip it over.
It’s easy to keep clean. Just wipe it down with a damp cloth.
Recommended if budget is a major concern. Not recommended for very tall people with a history of tipping things over.
6. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Yandel Power Lift Recliner – Best For Mobility-Impaired Tall People
This power-lift model has a terrific overstuffed faux leather rec room style and comes in two colors. It’s also very easy to keep clean. Just wipe it down with a damp cloth.
- Great if you have mobility issues.
- Good fit for a tall person.
- Easy to wipe down faux leather.
- Not budget-friendly. It is a higher priced model.
- May be too large for some cramped spaces.
Recommended if you need a power lift model for a tall person. Not recommended for especially tight spaces.
7. BONZY Lift Chair – Best Priced Power Lift Model
This affordably-priced power lift model comes in three colors and two materials. Some models are faux leather. Others are a soft, durable cloth version.
The back and footrest do not operate independently, which is an inconvenience for some people. It means you can’t lean back without also putting your feet up.
- Affordably priced power lift model.
- Good for up to 300 pounds.
- Remote is not permanently attached.
- A side pocket is a bit small.
- The chair needs to be turned off when not in use.
Recommended if you need a budget-friendly power lift model. Not recommended if you are especially hard on furniture. Spring for a higher end piece if you really tend to wear things out.
🏆8. RecPro Charles 28″ RV Euro Chair Recliner – Best Overall RV Model🏆
This sleek Euro look model was specially designed for use in an RV. The base can be attached to the floor to ensure that it doesn’t slide around while driving and it won’t ever tip when getting into or out of it.
These recliners both swivel and rock. making them extra appealing for some people. They come in two different neutral colors.
Faux leather cleans up easily. Just wipe it down with a damp cloth to take care of any spills or grime.
- Push back model require no remote control.
- Lightweight, streamlined design.
- This model both rocks and swivels.
- Push back models may be too difficult for some people.
- Some people report they are unstable and can tip over as you get out of them if not screwed to the floor.
- Sold in pairs, not individually.
At first blush, it actually looks like the most expensive item on the list. The price looks better when you realize you are getting two of them, not just one.
Recommended if you want two recliners anyway, as it is sold in pairs.
9. BONZY Chair Contemporary Leather Recliner – Best Traditional Look
This faux leather recliner comes in two colors and pairs well with a contemporary, traditional or rustic decor. It’s also affordably priced.
Like all faux leather pieces, it cleans up easily. Just wipe down with a damp cloth.
- Great value for the money.
- Fits well into a small area.
- Easy to assemble.
- Not durable enough for some people.
- Not big enough for some people.
Recommended if you like the look. It’s an excellent value.
10. Great Deal Furniture | Dufour | White and Blue Floral Fabric Recliner – Best Feminine Style
In some circles, recliners have a reputation as a guy thing. If you want a recliner that clearly says “The lady of the house sits here,” look no further.
- Perfect for small spaces.
- Extremely easy to assemble.
- The seat is deep. Petite individuals may want to add a throw pillow for comfort.
- May be too small for some people.
It has great contemporary styling. When in the upright position, this recliner looks more like a regular chair, making it something of a stealth recliner.
Shopping for furniture online is a little different than shopping in the store. Keep in mind that ordering furniture online generally means that some assembly is required. On the upside, this means most models should readily fit through the RV door. This may allow you to buy a larger recliner than you otherwise might choose to get.
Many people attach furniture to the floor of the RV. Screwing it down provides safety while driving and can prevent tipping of furniture in day-to-day use. Some recliners explicitly state they can be readily screwed into place. Look for this in the description if you plan to screw it down.
When picking a recliner, always consider the specific characteristics and needs of the intended primary user of the chair. Power lift chairs come highly recommended for people with an assortment of physical limitations, such as joint issues, limited strength, and other mobility challenges.
Chairs that are perfect for the petite crowd may be a terrible idea for someone tall, and vice versa. Make sure to take measurements and ask questions before you buy.
You should also measure the space available inside the RV. Think about where you plan to locate the recliner and take measurements of that area.
Chairs will have two sets of measurements. One is inside the chair and helps you size it for the person using it. The other is the overall dimensions and helps you determine if it fits into the space in question.
If you spend a lot of time in your RV, go ahead and think of it as a second home and design accordingly. You may find inspiration for appropriate RV-friendly looks from magazines that cater to small house enthusiasts.
Size of RV Recliners
Remember that not all vacation homes are large. Cottages, bungalows, and cabins are all typically small spaces and frequently used as vacation homes. Design ideas from such spaces may translate more readily to the limited space and traveling lifestyle of an RV.
If there are kids, pets or elderly people with neurological issues, consider getting faux leather. It is water resistant and cleans up easily with a damp cloth, making it pair well with the “Summertime and the living is easy” vibe that you want went you go RVing.
🏆 Our Best Pick
Our overall best pick is number 🏆8. RecPro Charles 28″ RV Euro Chair Recliner 🏆. It is explicitly designed for RVs and also swivels and rocks.
James is a professional in furniture sphere. He has 5 years of experience in working with all types of recliners. And now he shares his knowledge with people, who don’t have time for research and who want to make the right choice for the future piece of furniture.