To move a recliner by yourself you need to do the following steps.
- Remove the backrest.
- Lift the seat away from the chair.
- Undo the latch.
- Turn it upside down.
- Untie and remove the legs and the footrest.
- Move it.
- Put everything back in place.
Remove the backrest
Remove the backrest starting at the headrest. To remove the backrest starting at the chair, you have to do it in 5 steps. These steps are:
- Remove the screws on either side of the headrest (to free it from the chair).
- Free the headrest from underneath.
- Unhook the latches at the back of the headrest.
- Flip the headrest over.
- Free the backrest.
Lift the seat away from the chair
During removing the seat, you must lift it away from the chair. For this, you have to use your hand or upper body strength.
The steps are:
- Lift the arm of the chair
- Reach down and pull the “suspension support” and “suspension frame”
Followed by pulling out any or all of the following:
- The sliding mechanisms (those that allow you to adjust the height of the seat)
- The hinge mechanisms (those that turn the seat forward and back).
Because the headrest sliding mechanism is part of the chair, and it needs to be removed in order to dismantle it, the following steps must be taken:
- Lift the seat a little bit and look back.
- Unhook the latches at the top of the backrest (where your headrest).
- Raise the seat all the way.
Undo the latch
In order to achieve this effectively, you will be able to lift up the seat as much as possible and lower it in the back a bit. You will then see several latches attached to the chair that hold it together. Each latch is different, but you can always proceed by starting from one particular area, the armrest for example.
Turn the recliner upside down
You will have to push the button behind the head of the futon, which will release the latch that keeps the seat in place. You will then be able to turn the chair upside down and slide it out.
Untie and remove the legs and the footrest
For this you will have to pull out the screws from the legs to remove them. You will have to release the footrest along its back, open it and remove it. After you do that you can then spin the chair upside down and slide it out.
Move the recliner
It is a little bit tricky to move the chair but most people don’t have any problem moving it. In order to move this chair you will have to get out of the axle first and then get more comfortable in the arms. You might get a little tipsy because the chair turns in all directions. When you are comfortable in it you can block all left mechanisms
Then you can move the recliner around space. Once you are moving it around you can decide where to place it. Make sure that when you place it down, it stays on the flat surface.
Put everything back in place
The final step would be to put everything back into its original position. This means going through the motions of assembling each part of the recliner and locking it in place with screws. If the recliner moves when you are trying to put it back together as it did before, check each piece of the chair. Don’t forget to take a look at the bottom of the chair and check the legs and the footrest.
Unfortunately, there is no comments for now